3rd Day of Christmas Book Review


A Redbird Christmas
by Fannie Flagg

If you are like me, you will immediately recognize the author of this book. She is well known and loved for her lively southern tales. Come on, you know you know some of them:

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe: A Novel (I remember loving the
movie.)
Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man: A Novel
Standing in the Rainbow
Welcome to the World, Baby Girl: A Novel
Can't Wait to Get to Heaven: A Novel

Anyway I knew I would like this book right away. It is a good book for a lazy afternoon, or even while waiting at the doctor's office ( which is what I did). It is an engaging read from the very beginning. You are immediately pulled into the story, by finding out that Oswald only has a few months left to live. You don't know who Oswald is yet, but you certainly want to find out.

The characters in this book really shine. They come to life and you feel like you would know them if you saw them on the street. The story is woven together nicely and although you may be able to guess how it will all end up, there are still a few surprises. The ending was satisfying and I'm glad I read this book.

My Rating:

Overall: 3.5 stars. I think that it was a nice story, but it wasn't a great piece of literature, or earth shattering in any way.

Objectionable Content: It only had a few places where the Lord's name was taken in vain. I thought it was a very clean read otherwise.



0 comments:

Post a Comment