Slow Progress

I love the book that I'm reading right now, but it's taking me forever to read it. It's a biography called Bonhoeffer Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy A Righteous Gentile vs. The Third Reich by Eric Metaxas. I am finding it fascinating to read about what went on in Germany when Hitler came to power. So much of what happened then is unmistakably happening again, this time in our own country. I will definitely post my review of this book as soon as I finish.

I would love to hear what you are reading now. Have you read any books about Nazi Germany that really stand out in your mind? I can think of two that I will probably always remember: The Hiding Place and The Nazi Officer's Wife: How One Jewish Woman Survived the Holocaust.

1 comments:

Bright-Mom April 20, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

Night by Elie Wiesel ... it is one of my all time favorite books!
Four Perfect Pebbles: A Holocaust Story by Lila Perl ... I got to hear this women speak and she is amazing! The book is simple...and written for children (older elementary age), but hearing her tell her story made me love the book!
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is another book I've recently read about this era. It was an OK book.

Post a Comment