Should I finish the book?

Lately, I can't bring myself to spend much time on a book that just isn't doing it for me. So, what do you do when you are half way through a book and decide that you are not enjoying it? I hate giving up on a book when it seems like it should be good, or will maybe take a turn for the better. I'm having this dilemma right now with this book:













Should I continue on? Has anyone read it? I know it's supposed to be good. I've read the other two books by this author, The Christmas Jar, and The Wednesday Letters. They were both nice stories. I just can't stand how the main character in this book is so apathetic to his whole situation.

4 comments:

CD Black June 23, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

I did read this book, and it is so short that you should continue on. The guy is sort of a creep, but it ends well.
However, I have no qualms with dropping a book unfinished. There are too many great books for me to waste on an unenjoyable book. I guess I'm saying, if you've got something else you are more interested in, then let this one go!

Baltzers July 4, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

A wise person once told me that life is too short to read a book you don't enjoy. She said to find a book I loved and don't look back!

(That wise person was you, BTW).

Ann July 4, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

I'm of the thought that I have to continue. What if it get's better and I've given up? Sometimes I wish I could be more like you that just say oh well but I just can't bring myself to not finish something I have started.

kraftenkrazy3 July 8, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Hey lady! I gave you an award! Come check it out.

http://sewcakemake.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-and-little-hoot-about-me.html

Vanessa
The Sew*er, The Caker, The CopyCat Maker

Post a Comment